大校

注册:2004-7-12

爱心徽章,06年为希望小学奉献爱心纪念徽章

跳转到指定楼层
1#
发表于 2005-3-17 10:24:00 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
Banned dye found in KFC's sauce

www.chinaview.cn 2005-03-17 09:15:39

All KFC outlets in China have stopped selling New Orleans roast chicken wings and chicken hamburgers Wednesday after the cancer-causing food coloring, Sudan I, was found in the sauce Tuesday. (File photo)

SHANGHAI, March 16 (Xinhuanet) -- All KFC outlets in China stopped selling New Orleans roast chicken wings and chicken hamburgers Wednesday after the cancer-causing food coloring, Sudan I, was found in the sauce Tuesday.

According to a statement released Wednesday by Yum, KFC's parent company, the remaining "unsafe" sauce will be destroyed. Yum did not release the name of the sauce supplier.

"We feel deep sorry for this food safety accident and promise it will never happen again," said the statement.

The statement also said KFC have already found new sauce supplier and the New Orleans roast chicken wing is expected to be back on sale next week.

Sudan I is a red dye used for coloring solvents, oils waxes, petrol and shoe and floor polishes. It cannot safely be used in food as it can increase the risk of cancer.

Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) first stepped in the Chinese market in 1987. It now has 1,200 outlets in 260 cities nationwide.

In fact, KFC is not the only case in this "red colorant storm."

China launched a severe food safety inspection when Sudan I wasdetected in a pepper sauce brand, Meiweiyuan, produced by the Guangzhou-based Heinz-Meiweiyuan Food Co., Ltd. The discovery was made in a routine inspection early this month and thousands boxes of the sauce were destroyed.

According to the China's General Administration for Industry and Commerce, food containing Sudan I had passed into China's municipalities, provinces and autonomous regions including Beijingand Shanghai.

Beijing's food safety office announced Wednesday that not only the pepper sauce and the chili oil, but also all other flavoring products made by the Heinz-Meiweiyuan Food Co., Ltd. have been banned in the country's capital.

举报本楼

本帖有 2 个回帖,您需要登录后才能浏览 登录 | 注册
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册 |

手机版|C114 ( 沪ICP备12002291号-1 )|联系我们 |网站地图  

GMT+8, 2024-4-30 14:11 , Processed in 0.108541 second(s), 16 queries , Gzip On.

Copyright © 1999-2023 C114 All Rights Reserved

Discuz Licensed

回顶部